Africa and the Middle East M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
During H1 2020, Africa and the Middle East region experienced declines in the number of M&A deals and in their aggregate value by 13% and 55% y/y.
Across countries in Africa, H1 2020 M&A activity was down in Kenya to 38 deals (8 less y/y), while Egypt saw an increase of 14 deals y/y to 36. Nigeria and South Africa were almost flat with one deal more and one deal less, respectively.
In the Middle East, among the bigger countries there were notable declines in H1 2020 in Saudi Arabia (69% down y/y to 10 deals) and in the United Arab Emirates (41% down to 33 deals).
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: