Africa and the Middle East M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2021
Available in: English
During the first six months of 2021, the number of M&A transactions in Africa and the Middle East dropped by 11.5% y-o-y, and their total value declined with 29%, as the second quarter saw fewer large deals compared to the same time last year.
›Across countries in Africa, H1 2021 M&A deal flow was down most significantly in South Africa (115 deals, 27% less y-o-y) and Kenya (35 deals, 8% less y-o-y), while Egypt and Nigeria were up by 16% and 14%, respectively, reaching 43 and 32 deals during the first six months. Overall transaction activity on the African continent declined 12% y-o-y to 311 deals.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: