Africa and the Middle East M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2020
Available in: English
For the Q1-Q3 2020 period, the number of M&A deals and in their total value in Africa and the Middle East region declined by 9% and 41% y/y, respectively.
Across countries in Africa, Q1-Q3 2020 M&A deal flow was down almost everywhere except in Egypt, which has had 56 deals so far this year, 24 more compared to the equivalent period of 2019. Large declines were seen in Kenya and Nigeria.
Overall for Q1-Q3, deals in the Middle East reached 95 in number and USD 19.5bn in value – declines of 32% and 42%, respectively.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: