Africa and the Middle East M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
In Q1 2020, Africa and the Middle East region saw the number of M&A deals and their aggregate value drop by 12% and 79% y/y, respectively.
Across countries in Africa, Q1 2020 M&A activity was down notably in Kenya to 18 deals for Q1 2020, 4 less y/y, while other major markets like Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa had increases in their deal flow.
In the Middle East, the M&A scene was not so rosy, and all big countries experienced a decline. It was most severe in Kuwait, which did not have any M&A deals in Q1. Saudi Arabia and the UAE also slumped sharply by 82% and 47%, respectively.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: