Africa and the Middle East M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
During the first quarter of 2021, the number of M&A deals in Africa and the Middle East fell by 19.2% y-o-y, while their total value surged 44.6% on the back of several big mining deals.
Across countries in Africa, Q1 2021 M&A deal flow was down significantly in Kenya (15 deals, 25% less y-o-y) and South Africa (52 deals, 42% less y-o-y), while Egypt and Nigeria were up by 56% and 7%, respectively, reaching 25 and 16 deals during the quarter. Overall deal activity on the African continent declined 17.8%.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: