Argentina Agriculture Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
The agriculture, livestock and fishing sector plays a key role in Argentina’s economy, accounting for 6.4% of GDP, 29.9% of the total exports and 5.3% of the total registered employment as of the end of 2016. During the year, the agricultural export value expanded by 10.2% y/y, largely outpacing the growth rate of the total exports, which registered a marginal increase of 1.7%. A crucial factor for the rise of sectoral exports were the government policies implemented throughout 2015 and 2016, such as the removal of export tariffs and quotas on key products, which improved the scale of operations and the profitability of domestic producers. In addition, the devaluation of the Argentinean peso after the liberalisation of the exchange market in December 2015 further boosted the competitiveness of domestic products on the foreign markets.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: