Argentina Agriculture Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
Argentina is one of the world's largest producers and exporters of cereals and oilseeds and it is also among the ten biggest beef and poultry meat producers on a global scale. The agriculture sector has a key socio-economic role for Argentina, accounting for 5.6% of the GDP, 5.4% of the formal employment and 29.3% of the national exports in 2017. Yet, during the year the sector’s exports fell by 0.8% y/y, due to lower external sales of oilseeds. The removal of export tariffs and quotas on key agricultural products in 2015 triggered a much needed restructuring process in the crop industry towards production of cereals at the expense of soybean. Despite the negative short-term effect on exports, this process will support the product diversification of the crop industry and reduce the high dependence of the country on soybean exports.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: