Argentina Agriculture Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
Argentina has a leading position in the production and export of agricultural commodities, ranking among the world’s ten biggest producers of soybean, maize, wheat, beef and poultry meat. The agriculture sector plays a major role in Argentina’s economy, accounting for 6.1% of GDP, 48.1% of national exports and 5.6% of formal employment in 2018. During the year, agricultural exports fell by 3.4% y/y. This was mainly due to a prolonged drought in the 2017/2018 crop year that impaired local output, coupled with the reinstatement of export tariffs on agricultural products in September 2018. The latter measure is aimed at reducing the fiscal deficit in a scenario of deepening economic recession and growing investor concerns about the country’s capacity to repay its debts. A potential change in administration after the October 2019 elections, and a return to state interventionism, have further increased uncertainty around the development of the agriculture sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org