Argentina Automotive Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
The continued economic recession in Argentina in 2019 pushed down the production and the sales of motor vehicles by 32.5% y/y and 42.8% y/y, respectively. Moreover, production figures were the lowest since 2004 and sales figures were the lowest since 2005. An additional negative impact came from the steady rise in production costs, stemming from rampant inflation and a depreciating national currency, which reduced the international competitiveness of domestically-produced vehicles. The COVID-19 pandemic aggravated the already fragile situation of Argentina’s automotive industry. It posted double-digit declines in both production and sales in March-May 2020, as vehicle plants and car dealerships were forced to stop operations. Although operations began to resume in May 2020, the recovery of the industry will be restrained by the dwindling demand both in Argentina and in Brazil – the main export destination.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: