Argentina Banking Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
The year 2017 was stellar for the banking sector of Argentina. In the midst of economic recovery, bank loans and deposits surged by 48.8% and 26.9% y/y, respectively. Alongside revived household consumption, lending activity was boosted by an 11% growth in gross fixed capital formation, as a result of higher investments by the agriculture, manufacturing and construction industries. However, after a strong start to 2018, the macroeconomic context has worsened dramatically since March. Higher risk aversion towards emerging markets and considerable domestic macroeconomic imbalances have led to capital outflows, a stark depreciation of the Argentine peso, and a contraction of the country’s GDP by 4.2% y/y in the second quarter of 2018. This has slowed down expansion of the loan portfolio. However, unlike during the previous economic crisis, private sector deposits continued to grow, showing improved confidence towards the domestic banking sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Argentina
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: