Argentina Food Beverage Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
Argentina is recognised as a leading global player in the production and export of food and beverages, ranking among the 10 biggest global producers of vegetable oils, soybean by-products, pasta and wine. The sector plays a relevant role in the country’s economy, with its gross production value accounting for 5.5% of GDP, 6.1% of formal employment and 28.3% of total exports in 2020. During this year, all these indicators increased their share in the overall economy compared to 2019. This performance is associated with higher domestic demand for essential food and beverages, as well as the under-performance of other industries in the context of COVID-19 and the mandatory quarantine measures. The 2020 scenario of economic recession, national currency depreciation, high inflation and rising borrowing costs has prompted the companies in the domestic food and beverage sector to adopt new sale channel strategies, such as e-commerce, and to expand foreign markets.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: