Argentina Food and Beverage Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
Argentina is recognised worldwide as one of the major producers and exporters of food and beverages, ranking among the ten biggest global producers of vegetable oils, soybean by-products, pasta and wine. The sector plays a key role in the country’s economy, accounting for 4% of GDP, 5.8% of formal employment and 25.6% of total exports in 2019. The economic recession that hit Argentina in the second quarter of 2018, associated with national currency depreciation, stubbornly high inflation, rising borrowing costs, deteriorating labour market and fading consumer confidence, pushed down domestic demand even for essential goods, including food and beverages. This scenario, in combination with the global COVID-19 pandemic, has forced domestic market players to re-evaluate their growth strategy and adapt to the new reality of a global lockdown.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: