Argentina ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2018
Available in: English
Argentina hosts the third-largest ICT sector in Latin America in terms of subscribers, after only Brazil and Mexico. In regional terms, the country also has relatively high penetration rates in the main ICT products and services – such as mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, fixed broadband and pay TV. Since 2011, ICT has been one of the most dynamic sectors of the Argentine economy, buoyed by the increasing use of internet-based services by local consumers. Yet, the demand for ICT services has outpaced the investments in telecom infrastructure, resulting in network saturation and deterioration of the service quality. As a result, the market-friendly administration of President Macri adopted measures to liberalise the heavily regulated ICT sector, stimulate the convergence of telecom services and promote investments. The new regulatory environment is expected to trigger private investment of USD 20bn by 2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Argentina.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: