Argentina ICT Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
Argentina has the third-largest ICT sector in Latin America in terms of number of subscribers, exceeded only by Brazil and Mexico. In regional terms, the country also has relatively high penetration rates in the main ICT services – such as mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, fixed broadband and pay TV. Since 2012, the ICT sector has been one of the driving forces of the Argentine economy, supported by rapid penetration of both fixed and mobile broadband in consumers’ everyday life, as well as by rising demand for value-added fixed-line services, such as video on demand. Moreover, the sector has strong fundamentals that are allowing it to resist the economic recession in the country that began in the second quarter of 2018. In fact, local telecom operators announced major investment plans during that year to improve their 4G and fixed-line services and adapt to new consumer trends.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Argentina.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: