Argentina ICT Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
Argentina has the third-largest ICT market in Latin America in terms of number of subscribers, behind only Brazil and Mexico. By regional standards, the country also has high penetration rates in the main ICT services: mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, fixed broadband and pay TV. The economic recession since the second half of 2018, marked by rampant inflation, rising unemployment and decreasing disposable income of the population, has impaired the development of the domestic ICT sector in two main ways. First, it curbed the demand for telecom services, with the most affected segments being mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony and pay TV. Second, it curtailed the profitability of local telecom operators, which were forced to cut the much-needed investment in development of their 4G and fibre optic networks. A recovery of the sector is expected in 2021, when the domestic economy is projected to return to growth.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Argentina.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: