Argentina ICT Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
Argentina has the third largest ICT sector in Latin America by number of subscribers, beaten only by Brazil and Mexico. In regional terms, the country also has relatively high penetration rates in the main ICT services – mobile telephony, fixed-line telephony, fixed broadband and Pay TV. The telecom industry registered a growing consumption trend, boosted by internet-based services, a trend that fostered competition among telecoms companies. At the same time, the need for higher investment to expand the coverage of the network and the quality of the service has clashed lately with weakened revenues, the result of the economic recession, stubbornly high inflation, and the interventionist stance of the government, including tariff regulation since March 2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Argentina.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: