Argentina Insurance Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2016
Available in: English
Argentina’s insurance sector expanded at a CAGR of 6.1% in real terms between the fiscal years 2011 and 2016 as measured by insurance premium income, outperforming the real GDP growth during the same period (CAGR of 0.9%). The strong correlation between Argentina’s insurance market and the macroeconomic environment is explained by the fact that the non-life insurance segment, which tends to correlate with the overall level of economic activity, has a historically large market share, which stood at 81.2% of total premium income for the fiscal year ending June 2016. Life insurance, on the other hand, has remained underdeveloped in an environment of stubbornly high inflation, economic stagnation, political uncertainty and interventionist government policy.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: