Argentina Oil and Gas Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2016
Available in: English
Oil and gas extraction is one of the main economic sectors of Argentina, accounting for 2% of the country’s GDP, 1.3% of its exports and 1% of total employment. Oil and gas are the main energy sources in the country, with a combined 84% of primary energy supply in 2014. However, due to a prolonged period of decreasing production, underinvestment and heightened political and economic uncertainty, the country lost its energy self-sufficiency in 2011. In global terms, although Argentina is not a key player in terms of conventional hydrocarbon resources, ranking among the top 30 largest producers and consumers of oil and gas, the country has significant growth opportunities in terms of non-conventional resources, holding the world’s fourth and second biggest reserves, respectively, of shale oil and gas, as of September 2016.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Argentina
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: