Argentina Pharma Healthcare Sector 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
Argentina is the third-largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America, with retail drug sales of USD 4.7bn in 2019. The country has a large and ageing population, a relatively developed public health system, and a small but consolidated private health insurance system. The economic recession in the country in 2019, aggravated by the public debt crisis and falling foreign exchange reserves, led to a contraction of the domestic retail drug market. Drug sales dropped both in volume and US dollar terms, while drug imports decreased at a double-digit rate. On the other hand, despite the fragile public finances in 2020, the government ramped up public health spending to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds were allocated not only to drugs and medical equipment for the treatment of COVID-19 patients, but also to enhance digitalisation of the national health system.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: