Argentina Pharma and Healthcare Sector 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
In 2018, Argentina was the third largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America with retail drug sales of USD 4.9bn. The country has a large and ageing population, a relatively developed public health system, and a small but consolidated private health insurance system. The economic recession in the country since the second quarter of 2018, marked by rampant inflation, a depreciating national currency and eroding purchasing power of the population, has impaired the performance of the domestic pharma and healthcare sector. Both drug production and sales fell in US dollar terms, as a spike in drug prices reduced demand via retail channels, while declining public revenues forced the government to optimise costs, including those for the public healthcare system. Sector recovery will begin only in 2021 when the economy is expected to return to growth.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: