Argentina Renewable Energy Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2021
Available in: English
In 2020, Argentina was the fourth largest renewable energy generator in Latin America after Brazil, Mexico and Chile, with a share of 4.8%. Renewable energy generation grew at a CAGR of 38.5% during the 2015-2020 period. The fastest growing segments were solar and wind power, registering CAGRs of 145.7% and 73.8% in terms of energy generation, respectively. The COVID-19 pandemic, however, significantly aggravated the economic situation in the country, affecting negatively domestic demand for electricity, while the development of various renewable energy projects was stalled or delayed, due to difficulties related to obtaining financing to complete the ongoing construction of power generation plants.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Argentina. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Argentina
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Argentina
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Argentina
- Ascertain Argentina’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Argentina
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: