Latin America Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2021-2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
Latin America was among the hardest-hit regions by the COVID-19 pandemic. The novel coronavirus entered the region at a bad time. The commodities boom at end of the 2000s combined with several local crises afterwards have hurt badly the public finances of the countries in the region. Austerity measures became the new reality, forcing governments to freeze and even decrease in real terms spending on key areas, such as healthcare. This was complemented by deep structural problems in the countries in the region, including high poverty rates and income inequality, changing demographic and epidemiological profile, low and inefficient public health spending that is not sufficient to bridge the wide health inequality gap.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Latin America. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Latin America
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Latin America
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Latin America
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Latin America
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: