Latin America Transportation Sector Report 2021-2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
The transportation sector in Latin America still faces the challenges of most developing countries: inadequate infrastructure; informality; lack of diversity and limited availability of intermodal services. According to the World Economic Forum, road transportation is responsible for more than 90% of the cargo moved in the region in 2018, except for Mexico and Brazil, which have better railway infrastructure than other Latin American countries. According to a February 2020 report by the Interamerican Development Bank (IDB), road transportation increased fleets over the 2015–2019 period, except in Brazil and Argentina, which experienced severe economic problems in 2016 and 2018, respectively. In 2020, the sector was affected by the economic slowdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. The air transport segment suffered the most due to the lockdown measures imposed in the region and globally.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Latin America. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Latin America
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Latin America
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Latin America
- Ascertain Latin America’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Latin America
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: