Brazil Agriculture Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
The agriculture, livestock and fisheries sector in Brazil plays a key role in the domestic economy, accounting for 5.1% of total GDP, 24.6% of total export value and 3.7% of total employment in 2018. The recent economic and political instability in the country, combined with the trucker strike that paralysed the economy and slowed down international trade in May 2018, has had a significant negative impact on the primary industry. As a result, the sector’s GDP registered growth of just 0.1% y/y, while overall GDP grew by 1.1% y/y. After a year of record high crop production, output recorded a drop of 4.2% y/y over the 2017/2018 harvest season, driven mainly by the 17.5% y/y decrease in maize production as severe drought delayed the harvest of the second crop. In the livestock sub-sector, both beef and poultry segments registered a decrease in the number of heads in 2018 of 0.34% y/y and 2.29% y/y, respectively.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: