Brazil Automotive Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
In 2018, motor vehicle output and sales in Brazil rose for a second consecutive year, after a prolonged period of contraction. Acceleration in domestic demand stemming from greater consumer and business confidence, as well as record-low borrowing costs, were the main factors behind the 14.6% y/y growth in new vehicle sales. Output also expanded, but at a moderate rate of 5.1% y/y, impaired by a double-digit drop in sales to Argentina – the major export destination of the local automotive industry. This emphasised the key challenges facing the industry - high dependence on the internal market, low international competitiveness and high export dependence on the Argentine market. To address these deficiencies, at end-2018, the government launched a new sector-specific programme – Rota 2030 – which aims to enhance technological development and the competitiveness of the automotive industry through generous tax deductions in exchange for investment in R&D.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: