Brazil Automotive Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
In 2019, motor vehicle output and sales in Brazil expanded for the third consecutive year, thanks to the recovery of the economy from the 2015-2016 recession, the improving labour market and declining borrowing costs. However, sector growth decelerated in 2019, mainly due to lower foreign demand from Argentina – the main export destination of Brazil’s automotive industry. In an effort to support the industry, the federal government and the state government of Sao Paulo launched promotional policies granting fiscal incentives in exchange for investments in R&D and production of vehicles. In response, car manufacturers initiated a new investment wave, with the main objective of expanding production capacity for light commercial vehicles in Brazil. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has hit the local automotive sector particularly hard, leading to a decrease in both demand for and production of vehicles, as well as postponing investment projects.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: