Brazil Biofuel Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
Brazil is among the global leaders in renewable energy and a pioneer in developing biofuels as an economically viable alternative to fossil fuels. Notably, in 2016, 26.8% of the fuels consumed in the country were renewable. The main biofuels are sugarcane ethanol – comprising anhydrous ethanol for blending with gasoline and hydrous ethanol for direct use in flex-fuel vehicles, and biodiesel, made from vegetable oils and animal fats. Pure fossil fuels are not available to the end consumer, due to the mandatory biofuel blend. In 2017, gasoline had mandatory contents of 27% of anhydrous ethanol, while diesel was a blend containing 8% of biodiesel. Additionally, about 60% of the vehicle fleet in the country is adapted to use pure hydrous ethanol as fuel, which is economically viable as long as its cost is less than 70% of the gasoline price, to compensate for the lower calorific value of the biofuel.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the biofuel sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the biofuel sector in Brazil
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Gain insight into raw materials, the mandatory biofuel blends and the effect on the vehicle fleet
- See biofuelconsumption within the country
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of the production processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: