Brazil Biofuel Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
Brazil is the world’s second largest producer of ethanol and biodiesel after the US, and a pioneer developing biofuels as an economically viable alternative to fossil fuels since the introduction of flex-fuel (dual-fuel) vehicles in the country in 2003. The main biofuels used in Brazil are sugarcane ethanol, comprising anhydrous ethanol for blending with gasoline and hydrous ethanol for direct use in flex-fuel vehicles, as well as biodiesel, made from vegetable oils and animal fats. Pure fossil fuels are not available to the final consumer due to the mandatory biofuel blend imposed by the government back in the 1930s. Since 2015, gasoline has had a mandatory content of 27% anhydrous ethanol, while the biodiesel share in diesel has been gradually increasing and was set at 11% in September 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the biofuel sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the biofuel sector in Brazil
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Gain insight into raw materials, the mandatory biofuel blends and the effect on the vehicle fleet
- See biofuelconsumption within the country
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of the production processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: