Brazil Chemical Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
With estimated net revenues of USD 119.6bn in 2017, Brazil’s chemical sector was the eighth largest in the world and the leader in Latin America. Compared to 2016, the industry’s turnover rose by 9.5% y/y, as the uptick in economic activity propelled the domestic demand for chemicals from the main industrial consumers – the agriculture, automotive and durable goods sectors. However, the country remains highly dependent on imports of chemical products, as local production is not able to entirely meet domestic demand. Since 1991, the trade deficit in chemicals has increased nearly 15 times, reaching USD 23.4bn in 2017. A major factor for this negative development can be attributed to poor investment in R&D and modernisation of production capacity that has led to a steady loss of competitiveness of domestic chemical products.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: email@example.com