Brazil Chemical Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
Brazil ranks among the leading global chemical markets, accounting for 2.6% of the industry’s total net sales in 2018 and ranking sixth in the world. In 2019, sectoral turnover fell by 4.2% y/y to USD 118.7bn, as the local economy posted its lowest growth following the 2015-2016 recession and unemployment remained high. This had a negative impact on demand for many types of chemical products, including personal hygiene, perfumery, cosmetics, coatings and industrial-use chemicals. Struggling to improve cost efficiency in such a challenging environment, sector companies focused their efforts on keeping their production units operating at minimum capacity, which fell to 67%, 0.6 pp down compared to the average in 2018.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: