Brazil Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
In 2019, retail sales in Brazil expanded for the third year in a row, by 1.8% y/y in volume terms due to the improving labour market and declining borrowing costs, which supported the disposable income of the population. Additional positive factors included active government measures to boost household consumption and the progress implementing much-needed structural reforms, such as the pension reform, which raised both consumer and investor confidence. After a strong start to 2020, the retail sector began to feel the negative impact from the COVID-19 pandemic in March, when the quarantine rules imposed by Brazilian states forced households to stay at home, while many shop owners closed doors. A partial relief for the sector is expected from the surge in online sales, as consumers quickly shifted towards safer and more convenient shopping alternatives. This forced retailers to ramp up investments in e-commerce platforms to weather the COVID-19 storm and prepare for the post-quarantine world.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: