Brazil Food and Beverage Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2017
Available in: English
The food and beverage industry is the largest sector of Brazilian manufacturing, accounting for more than a quarter of its value added and about 3% of the country’s GDP in 2016, according to the Brazilian Association of Food Industries (ABIA). In addition, the sector was responsible for 16.9% of the national exports, 3.1% of total FDI equity capital inflow and 4.2% of formal employment in the country in 2016. Brazil has a leading position in the global food and beverage industry, ending 2016 as the world’ssecond biggest chicken and beef meat producer, the leading meat exporter, and the largest orange juice producer and supplier. Meat and meat products is the main segment of the food and beverage sector, with a share of 21.7% in the sector’s net revenues and 44.5% of its exports in 2016.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e..g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: