Brazil ICT Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2018
Available in: English
Brazil ranks among the world’s ten largest ICT markets in terms of number of subscribers of fixed-line telephony, mobile telephony and fixed broadband. The economic recession over the 2015-2016 period had a severe negative impact on the ICT sector, resulting in decreases in both subscriber base and gross revenue. Despite the economic recovery since 2017, the sector’s financial and operating performance remains under pressure, mainly due to the still low discretionary spending of households and regulatory changes aimed at promoting competition and guaranteeing access to affordable and quality ICT services. Exceptions to this downward trend are the mobile broadband and fixed broadband subsectors, which continue to grow at a strong pace, buoyed by the increasing use of internet-based services by local consumers.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: