Brazil ICT Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2019
Available in: English
After poor financial and operating performance in the 2015-2017 period, Brazil’s ICT sector returned to a growth path in 2018. Apart from an uptick in economic activity and an improving job market, the sector was favoured by continued robust demand for internet-based services – both fixed and mobile –among local consumers. This led to a 2.9% y/y increase in the gross revenue of the sector in the first nine months of the year. Moreover, the strong demand fundamentals encouraged local telecom operators to resume their investment plans, with a view mainly to enhancing their 4G and 4.5G networks and expanding their fibre optic infrastructure in an effort to grab market share. Improved confidence among sector players was also reinforced by the pledges of new president Jair Bolsonaro to press on with market-oriented reforms in the regulatory framework for the telecommunications sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: