Brazil Insurance Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
Brazil’s insurance sector displayed high resilience to the deep economic recession that the country experienced during the 2015-2016 period, recording double-digit growth rates in premium income. The sector continued to expand in 2017, albeit at a slower pace, in the new environment of nascent economic recovery, a weak job market and declining interest rates. During the year, total insurance premium incomes rose by 6.3% y/y to BRL 428.9bn, reaching a share of 6.5% of the country’s GDP. Coupled with an uptick in economic activity in 2018, the sector is forecast to benefit from still-low penetration rates of its main insurance products, such as automotive, property, life, supplementary health and private pensions plans. Additionally, continued improvements in the regulatory framework and the liberalisation of the reinsurance market since end-2017 will create ample growth opportunities for domestic and foreign investors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: