Brazil Insurance Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2019
Available in: English
Brazil’s insurance sector continued to grow in 2018, albeit at a slower pace, against an accelerating economy and record-low interest rates. During the year, total insurance premium income rose by 3.7% y/y to BRL 444.9bn, propelled by an uptick in demand for property and casualty products and a steady growth in revenues from supplementary health insurance. On the other hand, the pension plan segment underperformed, impaired mainly by the slow recovery of the labour market and heightened uncertainty surrounding the October 2018 elections. Nevertheless, sector growth is set to pick up in 2019, as a result of the strengthening economy, improved consumer and business confidence, an enhanced regulatory framework and the ambitious agenda of president Bolsonaro to reduce state intervention and pass a comprehensive reform of the public pension system.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: