Brazil Insurance Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
Brazil’s insurance sector continued to grow in 2019, with total premiums reaching 6.7% of the country’s GDP. During the year, total insurance premium income rose by 9.9% y/y to BRL 489.1bn, posting its best performance in terms of growth since end-2016, propelled by an uptick in demand for life insurance products and a steady growth in revenues from supplementary health insurance. Total insurance claims rose by 6.7% y/y to BRL 316.5bn in 2019, a figure below the annual average of 10% for the 2014-2018 period. However, insurance sector growth is set to decelerate to a 2.8% y/y rate at end-2020, amidst a scenario of extreme hospital complexity due to the COVID-19 health crisis, a weakened job market in the short-term, and the worst global economic crisis since the Great Depression, according to International Monetary Fund April 2020 estimates.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: