Brazil Mining Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2017
Available in: English
The mining sector plays a key role in Brazilian economy, accounting for 12% of national exports and for more than 5% of the net FDI equity capital inflow in 2015. Despite the deep recession in the country during the year, marked by a 3.8% y/y drop in GDP – the largest contraction since the 1990s – the gross value added (GVA) of the extractive industry expanded by 4.8% y/y, being one of the few sectors to report positive growth during the year.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: