Brazil Mining Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
The mining sector plays a key role in the Brazilian economy, accounting for 13% of the total export value and for 2.4% of the net FDI equity capital inflow in 2017. After two years of recession in the country – marked by a double dip in GDP over the period 2014-2015 and the collapse of a dam belonging to Samarco Mining in 2015 – the extractive industry, including mining and oil &gas extraction, rebounded in 2017, posting a 4.3% y/y growth in gross value added (GVA). Brazil maintains a prominent position in the global mining industry, being home to some of the world’s largest reserves of minerals like iron ore, graphite and niobium. Iron ore is by far the sector’s most important product, accounting for 48% of its output value and 67.7% of the value of its exports in 2017.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: