Brazil Real Estate Sector 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
In 2018, the real estate sector emerged as one of the driving forces of the Brazilian economy, expanding its gross value added by 3.1% y/y, well above the country’s GDP growth of 1.1%. This was largely attributable to a rapid recovery of the residential real estate subsector, triggered by an improving job market, rising household incomes and record-low borrowing costs. Increased economic activity also produced a rebound in demand for non-residential buildings, especially for modern logistics spaces along the Sao Paulo-Rio de Janeiro axis and in major consumption and production centres in Brazil’s North, Northeast and South Regions. The prime office market in Sao Paulo also returned to growth, supported by attractive conditions for new tenants and an influx of both domestic and foreign investors. However, the Rio de Janeiro office market continued to experience a correction, thanks to a combination of oversupply, high vacancy rates and sluggish local demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the real estate sector for Brazil . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the real estate sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on floor space, sales, vacancy rates and rents for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, office, commercial/retail and industrial)
See below for a complete table of report contents: