Brazil Renewable Energy Sector 2021-2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
Brazil ranked fifth among the main global renewable energy producers in 2019, following China, the United States, Canada and Germany. Among the more traditional energy sources, Brazil is second only to China in hydropower and biomass installed capacity. The country’s climate and geography favour the installation of solar complexes, which are the fastest growing electricity generation segment in Brazil, reporting installed capacity growth at a CAGR of 281.4% during 2015-2019, to reach 6.9 GW as of September 2020. The instability of rain volume forces the government to keep thermal plants commissioned, which kept non-renewable sources’ contribution to power supply at 14.2% in 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: