Brazil Software and IT Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
Brazil is a relevant player in the global IT market, accounting for 2.1% of the sales of hardware, software and IT services worldwide in 2018. The country holds the ninth position globally, while ranking first regionally with a 42.8% share of total IT market in Latin America, far ahead of the second runner Mexico with 19.9%. The strong demand for the sector’s products and services in 2018 allowed for a 9.8% y/y expansion of sales in real terms, according to the Brazilian Association of Software Companies (ABES). With a share of 48.8% in total sales, the software and IT services led the sector’s growth, reporting a 10.7% y/y increase in sales value in 2018 and surpassing the average annual growth of 6.8% registered between 2012 and 2017. The Southeast region generated the lion’s share of Brazil’s IT sales, accounting for 60.4% of the total in 2018.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the software and IT sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the software and IT sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on demand and services availability for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. software, IT services, IoT).
See below for a complete table of report contents: