Brazil Software and IT Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2021
Available in: English
Brazil was the tenth largest IT market in the world in 2019, with sales of hardware, software and IT services totalling USD 43.2bn and accounting for 1.8% of the global market. In the Latin American region, it was by far the largest market, representing 40.7% of the region’s total IT sales, with Mexico coming far behind with 20.5% of the region’s market. As Brazil continued to recover from the challenging recession of 2015-2016, the IT market expanded 10.5% y/y in 2019 in real terms, according to the Brazilian Association of Software Companies (ABES). In 2020, with the COVID-19 pandemic prompting wide adoption of remote working and distance learning, hardware sales value shot up by 30.9% y/y as households, businesses and government entities acquired or upgraded IT equipment to ensure process continuation while offices and schools were closed.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the software and IT sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the software and IT sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on demand and services availability for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. software, IT services, IoT).
See below for a complete table of report contents: