Brazil Transportation Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
The overall value added by Brazil's transportation, warehousing and postal services posted a negative CAGR of 1.1% over the 2013-2018 period. The performance of the industry fell slightly below the country's GDP, which reported a CAGR 0.7% in the same period. It was an eventful year in 2018 for the transportation sector. In the last ten days of May, truck drivers held a national strike demanding lower fuel prices and state intervention over freight tariffs. The strike affected both domestic activity and the structure of the sector itself. First, the strike action drastically reduced GDP, which prior to the strike was projected by the IMF to be around 2.5% and was 1.1% at the end of 2018. Businesses began to demand cabotage services in order to protect their supply chains from political actions by the truck drivers’ unions, which continued in 2019 as well.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: