Chile Agriculture Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
Despite having relatively small arable land area, Chile's agriculture, livestock and fisheries sector is well developed and diversified, making the country a key global player in some segments such as grapes, apples, blueberries, walnuts, poultry meat and salmon. Since 2015, the sector has emerged as one of the drivers of the Chilean economy, growing twice as fast as the country’s GDP. As a result, in 2016, it accounted for 3.9% of the national output and for approximately 14% of total formal employment. The sector is particularly important for Chile in terms of foreign currency generation, with a 20.5% share in national exports and a trade surplus of USD 9.5bn in 2016.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Chile’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: