Chile Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2018
Available in: English
Chile is a relatively small economy – the 41st largest in the world and the fifth-biggest in Latin America in 2017, according to the World Bank. However, its retail sector is well developed, mature and sophisticated, and in many aspects on par with those of developed countries. In recent years, trade has emerged as one of the major contributors to economic growth, with GVA growing at a CAGR of 2.6% in 2013-2017 and outperforming the 1.7% CAGR of the overall economy. Trade had a share of 9.2% of GDP in 2017 and was also responsible for 9.3% of the formal employment and for 24.3% of the active enterprises in the country at end-2017. Department stores, supermarkets and shopping centres are the major retail channels, in all cases featuring high levels of concentration. However, between 2012 and 2017, e-commerce was the most dynamic channel, with a more than fourfold increase in sales.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: