Chile Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2020
Available in: English
Chile is a relatively small economy, ranking 43rd globally and fifth in Latin America in 2019 according to the IMF. However, its retail sector is well developed, mature and sophisticated, and in many aspects on a par with those of developed countries. In recent years, trade has performed in line with the overall Chilean economy, with its GVA rising at a CAGR of 2.0% in 2014-2019, exactly the same rate as real GDP growth over the period. In 2019, trade had a share of 9.0% of GDP and was responsible for 19.2% of total formal employment at the end of the year. Department stores, supermarkets and shopping centres are the major retail channels, in all cases featuring high levels of concentration. However, between 2014 and 2019, e-commerce was the most dynamic channel, with an almost fourfold increase in real sales for that period.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: