Chile ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Chile has one of the most developed ICT sectors in Latin America, with a relatively modern infrastructure and above-average penetration rates. Additionally, in 2015 and 2016, Chile was the best-performing country in the region in the network readiness index elaborated by the World Economic Forum (WEF), which measures the impact of the ICT sector on the competitiveness and well-being of nations. The ongoing trends of fixed-to-mobile and voice-to-data substitution, coupled with intensifying competition, have reshaped the business model in the sector. As a result, incumbent players have opted to invest in improvement of the quality and coverage of their services to retain a competitive edge. The intervention of the main regulatory body – the Undersecretariat of Telecommunications (SUBTEL) – has also been critical to further boosting competition in the sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Chile.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Ascertain Chile’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: