Chile Mining Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2016
Available in: English
Chile is a key global player in the production of metallic minerals. In 2015, the country was the world’s largest copper mine producer, with a 29.9% share in global output, the second biggest molybdenum mine producer (18.2% share) and the fourth largest producer of silver (5.5%). In terms of non-metallic minerals, the country ranked first in production of iodine (a 66% share), second in lithium compounds (36%) and eighth in potassium compounds (3.1%). In 2015, mining was the fourth largest economic sector of Chile, accounting for 9.9% of the country’s GDP, for 2.9% of total employment and for 53.6% of national exports. Yet, over the period 2010-2015, mining exports’ value declined by an average 5.1%, as a result of the dropping international metal commodity prices. In the same period, exports rose significantly in volume terms by a cumulative 38.5%, resulting in a moderate expansion of domestic production at a CAGR of 5.2%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Ascertain Chile’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: