Chile Mining Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
In 2016, Chile was the world’s largest copper mine producer with a 26.9% share in global output, the second-biggest molybdenum mine producer with a 19.7% share, and the fourth-largest producer of silver with a share of 5.6%. The country ranked first in the production of iodine with a 66.5% global share, second in lithium compounds with 34.2%, and eighth in potassium compounds with 3.1%. In 2016, mining was the fifth-largest economic sector of Chile, accounting for 8.3% of the country’s GDP, 2.4% of formal employment and 51.4% of national exports. Yet, over the period 2011-2016, mining export value declined by an average of 9.4% per year as a result of the dropping international metal commodity prices. In the same period, exports in volume terms rose by a cumulative 7.5%, thus supporting domestic production, which expanded at a CAGR of 3.9%, reaching 43.6mn tonnes in 2016.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Ascertain Chile’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org